At GEOLYTIX we seek new and innovative ways to make spatial analytics accessible, exciting and indispensable. Our customers span the retail, financial, property, leisure and food & beverage industries, across the world.
We build innovative solutions to support our clients to make better decisions combining various forecasting methods and statistical models, GIS and web tools to create bespoke solutions. We are always looking to do things better.
We have fun and value every member of our team.
Are you our next Senior Data Analyst?
About the role
As a Senior Data Analyst at Geolytix you will be:
- Creating new and innovative data solutions following the release of the 2021 census
- Continually looking for ways to evolve our existing data products using a wide range of data sources and analytical techniques
- Support data analysts to complete data processing & research and location analysis on client projects
- Support and uphold the standards within our database infrastructure
- You’re already an experienced data analyst – your idea of a good day is receiving huge amounts of data and making sense of it
- You enjoy problem solving
- You want to be original – you don’t want to do the same old, same old. You’re consistently looking for innovation.
- Ideally you know your way around a GIS (not essential)
- You are quick and efficient at manipulating data in SQL and other programming languages, anything you don’t know you can quickly grasp
- You care about your code. You know your way around git and how to productionise processes you have built.
- You’re a ‘people person’ and build relationships with customers as you will lead projects on your own.
Your qualifications and experience
You are a pro at using SQL for data manipulation
Coding skills in at least one of Python, R, Scala, C, Java or JS
Track record of using data manipulation and machine learning libraries in one or more programming languages.
Data Analysis experience, ideally using census and demographic data
A university degree – numbers based, Computer Science or Geography
Relevant industry sector knowledge ideal but not essential
A strong communicator with the ability to work with colleagues remotely across the globe
Be able to provide evidence of attention to detail, proactivity and managing deadlines
Our offices are in Leeds and Clerkenwell, London. The role can be located in either. Competitive salary. We’re a young and growing company who embrace flexible working; full time or part time, family friendly hours and/or working from home days considered
If you are interested in this role and are looking for your next challenge, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please.
Photo by Behzad Ghaffarian on Unsplash